Saturday 6 December 2008

Credit Crunch Christmas

Whilst the credit crunch is no matter to be ignored, there are some brighter sides to the unyielding down points the news insists on throwing in our faces every time we tune into the evening news.
VAT has come down by 2.5% this week and this means that everything has gone down in price, something my mum was quite pleased about when she excitedly informed me in Sainsbury that the chicken in jelly dog food had gone down in price by 5p. A mundane matter some may agree, but the saying is after all, 'look after the penies and the pounds will look after themselves'. Something that in these hard times everyone needs to remember.
Another happier side to the otherwise gloomy business of the credit crunch and the down turn in the economy is that christmas shopping has become alittle more affordable. Whilst people are having to spend carefully I was most pleased this weekend shopping in Torquay when I suggested to look in Woolworths to check the deals. Everything was half price, and I found many a good deal and completed a large portion of my christmas shopping. Image my delight then when I went to pay for presents and found that there had been further reductions, the DVD that i thought was a bargain at £8 had gone down to £4.20.
Therefore I say to you that even in these hard times remember that all is not bad, and with christmas around the corner each of us has something to look forward to. Even if it is spending time with that particularly annoying great aunt who still thinks you;re five.

No comments: